- Enhance, form the alien terrapins, two Ligurian areas: 1- Centa Piana river, and the Vara and Magra rivers.
- Establish a reproduction center for Emys orbicularis (Annex II della Direttiva 92/43/EEC) in order to improve the Centa Piana population.
- Improve the habitat standards for the Emys orbicularis ingauna at the SIC (XXXX) of the Centa Piana, especially for the basking and nesting sites.
- Establish a veterinary protocols, in order to perform the health risk assessment of the repopulation plan (before, during and after release of the Emys orbicularis ingauna) for both the released and wild animals.
- Sensitize the public on the wetlands vulnerability and so on the need to avoid alien terrapins releases
- Captures of the alien terrapins from the designated sites and re-location of the animals at the Pistoia Zoo, where it has been created a dedicated wetland for communication to the public.
- Farming of the Emys orbicularis ingauna in order to re-populate the species in the Centa Piana . The re-introduced animals will carry a microchip and radio-tags.
- Habitat improvement to ameliorate the nesting sites by pooling weeds and creating new basking areas.
- Health risk-assessment before and after the re-introduction of the animals, by qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Public information and education activities at the Pistoia Zoological Garden and Acquario di Genova.